Choosing a strong password for your NutriAdmin account is an essential security measure you should take. This article discusses additional security measures you should take to ensure no unauthorized person gains access to your private NutriAdmin account.
Protecting your NutriAdmin password
Whenever most people think about Internet security breaches, password theft, or data loss, the most common ideas that come to mind are sophisticated hackers and elaborate systems to exploit technical vulnerabilities in software. However, the most common way in which people lose their password is by not being careful.
Any of the following could get the security of your account in trouble:
- Writing down your password in paper.
- Letting someone peek at your keyboard whilst you type your password.
- Telling someone your password, or part of it.
The above may sound too basic and obvious scenarios. However, these happen often enough to be reported as the most common scenarios of data breaching by large financial corporations, big multinational companies, and other institutions that spend millions in the latest security systems. Never lower your guard when it comes to your password, it takes only one mistake to get in trouble.
On the other hand, there are a few technical considerations you should take into account when it comes to protect your password from falling into the wrong hands:
- Never use a non-trusted computer to login to NutriAdmin, such as a public machine or somebody else's laptop. You should know it is possible for someone to install key-tracking software that can record your password and other confidential data as you type.
- Aim to change your password every 3–6 months. This will limit the possibility of someone having your password taking advantage of it after a certain amount of time.
- Use an antivirus in your computer. This will prevent malicious software to read your private data.
- Protect your computer, phone, and other devices with yet another password. E.g. your web browser (i.e. Chrome, Safari, etc) can store your passwords so that you can login automatically to websites like NutriAdmin. However, your computer or phone password can unlock this confidential information. If someone knows your system password and they get their hands in your devices, this could put your other web passwords in danger.
We take many security measures at NutriAdmin to ensure the confidentiality of your data. However, you are responsible for other aspects of security such as protecting your password as described in this article. For further information about security, our responsibilities and yours as an user, please check HIPAA and HITECH compliance NutriAdmin.