Note: If you are using a laptop or computer and want to send a meal plan or report to a client, please click here for the appropriate article
If you want to download, view, or share a PDF meal plan (or report) in NutriAdmin with a client, there are a few considerations to take into account.
In most cases, Android and iOS devices (such as iPhones and iPads) don't have an easy access to a file management system like computers do. Instead, mobile devices rely on apps that manage the data and functionality in the device.
This means that it is important to have the right kinds of apps installed in your device to be able to work with .pdf reports and meal plans in NutriAdmin.
How to download PDF files using an iOS device
You can watch the short video below for a demo of how to download and send a pdf meal plan using an iPhone
To download a pdf meal plan in an iPhone or iPad you should:
- Use Safari browser to download the plan
- Open the plan with WhatsApp, iBooks, Dropbox, FileApp, or Gmail.
With Gmail, in particular, you should be able to email the pdf document directly to your client as an attachment. You can also use WhatsApp (if you have your client's phone number) to send the file over. Dropbox and FileApp give you more options and flexibility but require more time to setup appropriately.
Note: Google Chrome in iOS seems to have trouble downloading PDF files depending on your phone/software version. If you cannot get Google Chrome to open your pdf file, you can always try downloading it with Safari.
Note: It appears that the Gmail app can be used to send your file over email as an attachment, but it doesn't seem like the native Apple Mail app can do the same.
Managing PDF files on an Android device
Below is a video demo on how to download a meal plan on an Android Phone
On an Android device you can:
- Use Google Chrome to download the plan
- Use Google Drive to open the pdf file
- Use Gmail, Skype, WhatsApp or Dropbox to send the file over
There are many more apps in both iOS and Android devices that you can use to manage pdf files. The above are just some of the most popular.
Other considerations and troubleshooting
Here are some considerations to take into account if you are having issues downloading your pdf file in a phone or tablet:
- Check that your software is up-to-date.
- Ensure you are using WiFi (or check in your phone's settings that downloads are allowed over mobile data).
- Try Safari in iOS or Google Chrome in Android by default. If those browsers don't seem to work, you can try downloading other browsers to test in those.
- If you have an antivirus, ensure it is not blocking downloads from NutriAdmin.
- Ensure you don't have a pop-up or download blocker installed preventing NutriAdmin to download the .pdf file you need.
- If all fails, try downloading the file on a different device – if possible, a computer.